MECHANICAL PROPERTIES – TENSILE REQUIREMENTS:
|Tensile Strength min. psi (MPa)
|Yield Strength min. psi (MPa)
CHEMICAL REQUIREMENTS FOR A252:
|Seamless and ERW Steel Pipe
||Max (%): 0.050
Testing Requirements for seamless and welded A252 steel piling pipe
(1) Hydrostatic Testing:Not specified.
(2) Mechanical Tests: Tensile Test: Either longitudinal or transverse at option of manufacturer.
(3) Number of Tests:One tensile test per 200 lengths.
Permissible Variations for A252 steel piling pipe
(1) Wall thickness: Not more than 12.5% under the nominal wall thickness specified.
(2) Weights per foot: Each length of pipe pile shall be weighed separately and its weight shall not vary more than 15 % over or 5 % under its theoretical weight, calculated using its length and its weight per unit length.
(3) Outside diameter: Shall not vary more than plus or minus 1% from the diameter specified.
Lengths of A252 steel piling pipe
Pipe piles shall be furnished in single random lengths,double random lengths, or in uniform lengths as specified in the purchase order, in accordance with the following limits:
(1) Single random lengths: 16ft to 25ft inclusive (4.88 to 7.62 m)
(2) Double random lengths: Over 25ft (7.62m) with a minimum average of 35ft (10.67m)
(3) Uniform lengths: as specified length with a permissible variation of plus or minus 1 inch
Pipe piles shall be furnished with plain ends. Unless otherwise specified, pipe piles shall have either flame–cut or machine–cut ends, with the burrs at the ends removed. Where ends are specified to be beveled, they shall be beveled to an angle of 30° (+5°, ?0°), measured from a line drawn perpendicular to the axis of the pipe pile.